Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sheppard250

Training for Artisans

I was thinking about this a while now since I was a adept

A Training world for artisans to help them to deal situations in modding

As we are just promoting players into artisans and not really helping them.
I know it won't stop abuse but least we limited it.

As for the world well we just load it up when we need it only and then when we finish with it we unload it

If you agree I make the world and add builds

I agree to this in a way.
ConkerXD has had one kick which was when I pulled him into kicking. Most of them have no idea what to do and they stick to building. Perhaps if we do show them, as said by Shep, how to mod, they will get a better taste and more griefs can be stopped and they show more potential.

Just as Lost said I agree with this because I think they used to tell you how to mod because frogger told me how to and doom and me told sheppard how to but it doesn't seems like the new artisans get any help what-so-ever.

Just a for your information, Artisans are not required to kick or freeze. Them doing so is deeply appreciated but they cannot be forced to do so. Artisan is strictly is a advanced builder rank with the option to minor mod. It's up to the individual if they wish to take on that role. Doing so only shows if you are ready or not to advance into a deeper moderation role and rank (if one is available). It's a rank that allows player to show the higher-ups if they are ready to advanced some more. Not everybody wants to do so, so forcing them to moderate is not the way to go.

As for help, moderators only assist those who show promise in moderating as a artisan. If artisans just want to build, theres no point in telling them in how to moderate if that's not what they want to do. As for the world, I don't see the point when artisan moderating is only as simple as freezing griefers and contacting a adept+ to review the freeze and grief so they can ban the individual or kick a column builder and warn him. It's just that simple. Simple explanation would suffice instead of going through all the trouble + world space to build a entire world to communicate that to them.

^ what he said.

Also, by using common sence the artisan could kick or freeze. they all have a huge amount of hours and some even above 100. they have been around to se what ppl have gotten kicked for, how adepts/experts have handled the situation. most of them should have learned it by now. and what dem said, some of them are simply not appropriate for adept. but given the rank due to their extraordinary building ability.

My experiance is that artisans shouldnt try to mod whilst theres adepts/experts online unless their getting overrun. i've had artisans second guessing my decision/interfere with my questioning of the "griefer" or so on.

It all comes down to common sence and if one doesnt have it. Their simply better of not having the rank.

Would be easyer with a sticky with guidelines in it, if you still feel they need to be taught.

I know what you are saying but as volt says frogger taught him up and doom and volt taught me up.
I not saying that we force them into it if they don't want to mod then leave them be as a builder just teach the ones who wants to be one.

This is only a suggestion

Ok no ofence Demonic or Micke but thats flawed logic, you say telling them how to mod shouldn't be enforced because not all artisans want to mod which is fine, but how are they supose to know if they want to mod or not if they don't know how to or haven't moderated yet?

Also what if theres griefers coming in when no adept+ are on and the only artisan on is one that don't know how to mod? This is a real situation because this has happend to me but luckly I knew how to freeze and kick.

KingKnightscareXXII wrote:
Ok no ofence Demonic or Micke but thats flawed logic, you say telling them how to mod shouldn't be enforced because not all artisans want to mod which is fine, but how are they supose to know if they want to mod or not if they don't know how to or haven't moderated yet?

Also what if theres griefers coming in when no adept+ are on and the only artisan on is one that don't know how to mod? This is a real situation because this has happend to me but luckly I knew how to freeze and kick.

To put in short Knight, that makes zero sense. You are basicly saying that we have to TELL people how to moderate or ask them to moderate for them to grasp if they wish to moderate or not. I don't get that. It's really simple, either you know or you don't. Those who wish to moderate will simply begin to moderate, if they wish to moderate but wish to know how to moderate before beginning they may only ask. Those who wish to mod may simply begin moderating as there job is pretty simple, freeze the bad guys and kick those who do not listen. In my long year(s) of moderating this server I've never seen anybody lack that kind of common sense and way back when there was no artisan, there was no rank that allowed you to show promise as a moderator. Promoting moderators back then was far more complicated and took longer to get there and yet I haven't seen many complications with moderators doing there job.

You either want to moderate or you do not, those who do not simply are left alone on the subject and left to do what they were promoted for which is build. If they change there mind about moderating, all they simply have to do is show that they are willing to moderate. Artisan moderation is very simple, freeze the bad guys and kick those who do not listen. You said it yourself, " luckly I knew how to freeze and kick". That pretty much sums up all a Artisan can do in regards to moderation. Don't take this the wrong way, it's a good suggestion. Any suggestion is a good suggestion, it's just not needed.

Ok I overcomplicated what I ment. Laughing

You are right artisan is a building rank not a moderating one but I don't see why its so hard to just say "To freeze people that are griefing, use /f playername. And to kick them if they don't stop, use /k playername kickreason.".

Like I said I understand artisan is a building rank but we have freeze and kick and so I don't understand why your point is that you don't want to tell them the proper way/time to use them or even how to at all.

Thats the point I was trying to get across before I overcomplicated it, and also I have no idea why you brought up the "luckly I knew" phrase from me seeing as I explained the reason I knew was because Frogger told me how to freeze and kick. Suspect

KingKnightscareXXII wrote:
Ok I overcomplicated what I ment. Laughing

You are right artisan is a building rank not a moderating one but I don't see why its so hard to just say "To freeze people that are griefing, use /f playername. And to kick them if they don't stop, use /k playername kickreason.".

Like I said I understand artisan is a building rank but we have freeze and kick and so I don't understand why your point is that you don't want to tell them the proper way/time to use them or even how to at all.

Thats the point I was trying to get across before I overcomplicated it, and also I have no idea why you brought up the "luckly I knew" phrase from me seeing as I explained the reason I knew was because Frogger told me how to freeze and kick. Suspect

What I am trying to tell you is that we do do that. To those who show they wish to moderate. I don't understand what's so complicated with that. We do as you have stated to those who go out of there way to show interest in the ability to moderate. If they do not, what's the point in telling them that if they aren't interest? Just wastes there time and ours. Also the topic and hand was to create a entire world to get this point across to all artisans and how to use there SIMPLE commands.

What I am saying is just for the artisans who wish to moderate if the rest just want to build well leave them be just focus on the ones who wish to moderate.

Then what's the point of them having freeze and kick commands?

we have two artisans now in lokitosan and awolninja and no one has told them how to moderate and they have expressed interest in modding but conkerxd hasn't so we leave him

Sheppard250 wrote:
What I am saying is just for the artisans who wish to moderate if the rest just want to build well leave them be just focus on the ones who wish to moderate.

Then what's the point of them having freeze and kick commands?

we have two artisans now in lokitosan and awolninja and no one has told them how to moderate and they have expressed interest in modding but conkerxd hasn't so we leave him

Shep, you are a moderator who knows how to moderate. If you wish to tell them how to moderate that will be great. You are basicly on all the time so you'd know who has shown a interest but doesn't know how to mod yet so if that's what you want to do. Go for it, for the world though that's a no go.

i was browsing the forums and just saw this post so sorry if you think it's a bit late. I have shown interest in moderating and I haven't been given much instruction... Neutral

Sheppard250 wrote:
I was thinking about this a while now since I was a adept

A Training world for artisans to help them to deal situations in modding

As we are just promoting players into artisans and not really helping them.
I know it won't stop abuse but least we limited it.

As for the world well we just load it up when we need it only and then when we finish with it we unload it

If you agree I make the world and add builds

i am fully with this shep