Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
invaderpopz

me whining

I have not been able to contact zhuge or eric on the server so I came to the forums to whine ._.

I NEED MORE DRAW LIMIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT

so you need to make another build rank so people who are really good builders can keep building big without becoming moderators, okay? What a Face

(I know this is probably going to be hopelessly ignored but I figure I'll keep trying a little more after anyway )

TBH I don't think this is a good time to be asking this after how many artisans and masons have been demoted/banned recently for abusing powers/griefing. Anyways though might be possible to increase artisans draw limit by a little bit. Though if you are looking for something in the range of a adept's draw limit. I'd say fat chance.

Yeah I will say there has been a time or two where 25000 wouldn't cut it but alas I know that this idea is ridiculous because there's no way they will make another rank in-between artisan and adept.

P.S. although I did have a odd dream that they did make such a rank and called it adtisan or ardept I can't remember even odder was that you were the first one promoted to that rank Shocked .

erm... not called ardept... xD well I thought this was a good idea because when whatshisface (i think it was timtam) got promoted to adept, they swiftly demoted him because they thought he was better off as a builder, even though he had like 300+ hours. And that got me thinking, in order to be a better builder, I need more draw limit, but maybe they don't want me to mod yet. So people like whatshisface and I could pursue better building without needing ot be trusted with modding power (should they choose not to trust us) doom said he thought this was a good idea (or maybe it was someone else idk) anywho like I said, you guys will probably ignore it.... but it should be called CRAFTSMAN!!! xD

erm when I first joined aitm, there we no artisan... (It just went from mason to adept) I don't see how you can make artisan by combining mason and adept together... so why try to combine adept with artisan o.O

So make it something original if this thing passes... like how artisan was formed i guess.

Loooool @aderp , made my day!

Artisan is the pro builder rank.
(Btw, the best builders don't need commands)

kevinsweijen wrote:

bullshit! there is no way I'm clearing out all that land without commands xD come on the server once in a while, you'll see what people can do with commands Rolling Eyes the thing that makes a good builder is that commands aren't crutches anymore, they're tools. Using them creatively and correctly is a task itself.

Not rly.... I agree with Kevin.

So.. you can't just simply repeat use a command? Is it really that hard to use a command more times? I understand that it may be annoying, but it's possible. I think the problem here isn't block limit, it's the amount of patience one has.

You keep saying something along the lines of "good builders don't need large draw limits," but that doesn't mean they aren't helpful. If bigger draw limit wasn't accepted as being helpful, higher ranks wouldn't be GETTING bigger draw ranks! It's not really fair that just because someone isn't needed for modding that they can't have more building potential if they deserve it... and also most of you are adept+, and most didn't have to wait through artisan. I totally agree it's a veeeeeery sketchy idea that doesn't need to be approved, but some of your arguments are very biased. I'd like to see you all stripped down to artisan and told to build something massive and cool... Partially because it might help my point, and partially because I think some of you would pull of building something amazing xD

I totally did wait 150 hours to get adept, just sayin

invaderpopz wrote:
You keep saying something along the lines of "good builders don't need large draw limits," but that doesn't mean they aren't helpful. If bigger draw limit wasn't accepted as being helpful, higher ranks wouldn't be GETTING bigger draw ranks! It's not really fair that just because someone isn't needed for modding that they can't have more building potential if they deserve it... and also most of you are adept+, and most didn't have to wait through artisan. I totally agree it's a veeeeeery sketchy idea that doesn't need to be approved, but some of your arguments are very biased. I'd like to see you all stripped down to artisan and told to build something massive and cool... Partially because it might help my point, and partially because I think some of you would pull of building something amazing xD

Increased draw limit only make things faster, which can be helpful. It doesn't give more potential.

Ericrb wrote:
invaderpopz wrote:

Increased draw limit only make things faster, which can be helpful. It doesn't give more potential.

alright, touche, as long as you admit it's helpful Razz and mz I have at least 150 hours too... I don't see the point of your comment. The point is some people aren't adept because they aren't wanted as mods... If you haven't realized yet it's me Rolling Eyes no one wants me to be a moderator for their own reasons and that's cool because I like building. But I wish I had more draw limit just like others can use even though they don't want me to mod.

invaderpopz wrote:

It's not about what's fair, people don't need the build limit of a adept or expert. Those draw limits only make it easier for those people who do not have to repeat command. It's a perk of the job, one I am sure you would agree is deserved due to those people taking the time out of there day to not build and police the server.

For the record, I've never used any commands. Only command I've ever used to help me build is cuboid and that's for when I just felt lazy. I ALWAYS build by hand because IMO it allows for better detail. While takes forever to build anything huge that way that's just the way I like to do it. Only time I've ever used by draw limit was to help somebody copy and paste over there building to some other world so I don't have to strip my rank to know how to build without a draw limit because I never use it in the first place.

im pretty sure we still have /static! that is a very helpful command idk if artisans are allowed to use it or not but if you are then no "complaining is necessary"!!

Guest Snowy
DemonicD3 wrote:
invaderpopz wrote:

It's not about what's fair, people don't need the build limit of a adept or expert. Those draw limits only make it easier for those people who do not have to repeat command. It's a perk of the job, one I am sure you would agree is deserved due to those people taking the time out of there day to not build and police the server.

For the record, I've never used any commands. Only command I've ever used to help me build is cuboid and that's for when I just felt lazy. I ALWAYS build by hand because IMO it allows for better detail. While takes forever to build anything huge that way that's just the way I like to do it. Only time I've ever used by draw limit was to help somebody copy and paste over there building to some other world so I don't have to strip my rank to know how to build without a draw limit because I never use it in the first place.

Honestly same for me. I don't use commands to build, I build all by hand ( even if I have horrible builds)

try using /static. then you don't have to type /z air every time, u just click. PROBLEM SOLVED GO HOME

Spindle_shanks wrote:
Indeed. ALL my pixel art is done by hand. Pixel by goddamn pixel.

ok wait what? who does pixel art using commands? O-o the only one I'd use is a little f2d or something... I'm talking about giant tasks of mass deletion or something, things that just get in the way of being creative. but yeah whatevs you guys don't like the idea, but you dun have to :3 Just wanted to say it anyway pig

I'm talking about giant tasks of mass deletion or something, things that just get in the way of being creative

Creativity would be incorporating the obstructions into your builds. Having to take out the natural landscape to build isn't creative, flatness is unoriginal.

Alright. I want you to incorporate a flat cubic landscape of a world like mine was into a creation without using mass deletion, but remember! flatness isn't creative!!! -.- I need to clear out the layers of stone that are everything, then add my own "landscaping" inside. I'm not building in a prelandscaped world above ground.

kevinsweijen wrote:

11 is who you speak of?

no new rank or bigger build limit is required for artisan imp. end of story.

The only non mod commands I use is the odd /fill2d and /z air for removing any 'inappropriate' things (pillars etc) Sometimes I may use other things but generally not. The bigger build limit is just to copy larger things maybe? Idk but you can build without a larger one Very Happy